Contest Alert! Share Your Literary-Inspired Costume on Facebook for a Chance to Win $100 Worth of Books
Bookwitty's Literary Costume Contest is here, and your bookish costume could win you a $100 USD Bookwitty voucher.
If you’re in need of inspiration, the first place to look is your bookcase. Which character, author, or even title lends itself to a fabulous costume?
Some evergreen Halloween costumes come right from the pages of classic books. No doubt you’ve seen these guys out trick-or-treating on your street:
Characters also emerge from everyone’s favorite children’s books at Halloween: there are perennial picks in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and the Harry Potter series.
If you’re looking for a lower-maintenance royalty, what about the Paper Bag Princess? She could always go to a party with The Box Man, whom Bookwitty fans will have met through Reading with Matt Cherry.
If you’re not finding ideas on your bookshelf, check out the movie listings and your Netflix list. The world of book-to-screen characters, whether that’s TV or film, offers countless costume options. It’s massive category, which includes almost all of the ideas above—along with hits like The Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, and The Hunger Games. Looking at 2017 releases alone, there’s Offred (or, indeed, any handmaid) from The Handmaid’s Tale, Pennywise the Dancing Clown from It, and Wonder Woman.
Wonder Woman is a good reminder of all the brilliant costume potential that comes from comic books and manga.
To really flaunt your bookishness, you could dress like an author. You could honor Jane Austen during her bicentenary year, dress as the Sufi poet Rumi, or transform yourself into beloved chef (and best-selling cookbook author) Julia Child.
Whatever you go with for your Halloween costume, enjoy the day, and best of luck in our Literary Costume Contest!
Here are the terms and conditions:
* Employees of or commissioned contributors to Bookwitty or Keeward are not eligible to participate.
* One entry per name is accepted.
* Each participant will be sent a Facebook direct message as confirmation of their participation.
* Entries will be accepted starting 9:00 AM EST October 27th, 2017 and run until 11:59 PM EST November 6th, 2017.
* The photo that receives the most likes will be declared the winner, which will be announced on November 7th, 2017
* The winner will be notified by email with a $100USD coupon code to use on Bookwitty.com.
* Participants' Facebook name and submitted photo may be shared on Bookwitty.com, Bookwitty's Facebook page, Twitter account, and/or Instagram account.
*photo credit: Pikawil